The sinuses are four sets of cavities in the head near the nose and eyes. They are named for the bones that are nearby.
- The ethmoid sinuses are located between the eyes.
- The maxillary sinuses are located just below the eyes.
- The sphenoidal sinuses are found behind the eyes.
- The frontal sinuses are located over the eyes.
Sinusitis is an inflammation, or swelling, of the tissue that lines the sinuses.
Some common symptoms of sinusitis are:
- Post-nasal drip: mucus drips down the throat
- Nasal discharge (yellow or green mucus) or stuffy nose
- Pressure on your face (especially around nose, eyes, and forehead), a headache, or pain in your teeth or ears.
- Halitosis (bad breath)
- Feeling tired
Sinusitis can be caused by a virus, bacteria, or fungus that makes the sinuses swell and block the airways. Some specific reasons include:
- Common cold.
- Sinus and seasonal allergies, including allergies to mold.
- Septum deviation
- A weak immune system from illness or medication
There are different types of sinusitis:
- Acute bacterial sinusitis: sudden cold symptoms that don’t go away after 10 days, or symptoms that seem to get better, then come back and get worse.
- Chronic sinusitis is a condition that lasts for at least 12 weeks and is marked by nasal congestion, drainage, facial pain/pressure, and a decreased sense of smell.
- In subacute sinusitis, the symptoms last for four to twelve weeks.
- Recurrent acute sinusitis is when symptoms come back four or more times in one year and last less than two weeks each time.The overproduction of thyroid hormones by an overactive thyroid causes hyperthyroidism.
- Eucalyptus – A / T
- Rosemary – A / T
- Peppermint – A / T / I
- Helichrysum – A / T / I
- Cedarwood – A / T
- Thyme – T / I
- Air / Breathe – A / T
- On Guard – A / T / I
- Passion – A / T
- ZenGest / DigestZen – A / T
Aromatic Use – A
- Put 2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil in a hot water bowl and inhale.
- Diffuse any recommended oil or inhale directly from the bottle.
- For sinus congestion caused by allergies, mix 3 drops of each essential oil – eucalyptus, lavender, lemon, peppermint, and rosemary – and diffuse.
Topical Use – T
- For chronic sinusitis, apply 2 drops of Zengest on the bridge of the nose and forehead.
- Apply 2 drops of essential oil on the reflex points on the soles of your feet (back side of toes)
- Apply the oils on the both sides of the nose (avoid eye contact!)
Internal Use – I
- Take 2 drops of peppermint essential oils under the tongue twice daily.
- Take 2 drops of On Guard or Helychrisum in a capsule or in a glass of water.
Use essential oils safely and responsibly!
On the page of each product you have safety use information.
These recommendations only apply to essential oils that are 100 percent pure.
Do not attempt to utilize essential oils until you are certain of their quality. Study about them in the multiple sources.
Do not allow marketing to affect your health!